Sunday, October 16, 2005

Day 23 - Chicago to Miami, Florida

Today we got up and went to Willow Creek Church with Jay. Great service - Gene Appel spoke. Jay then took us for a tour of Willow - which was amazing.

Willow Creek Community Church

We then went and had brunch together - all 5 of us - at a place close to Helena and Jay's that's a bit like Olinda. We had a lovely time together then it was home to pack and then I had some lovely time with Jazz and we had a bit of a 'last minute' photo shoot.

Jazzy with her Daddy at lunch

And her tiny form in the babyseat

We actually went to Walmart on the way home and bought some lovely clothes for my little girl (Helena actually shouted me a couple of gorgeous dresses). Helena took us to the Airport and we said our very sad goodbye's.

The plane was running late so we had to fill in some time. Finally we arrived into warm (27 degrees) Miami....and yes we were separated on the plain again! Caught a cab to our hotel and were really disappointed, but exhausted. The Hotel looked sleezy and when we got to our room the key wouldn't fit so Gra looked after the luggage while I went back down stairs. The guy on the desk asked if I knocked when the key wouldn't fit! What a questions - I felt my fears were confirmed. In the end - he had sent us to the wrong floor. I fell into bed (finally) absolutely exhausted and very sad to end up here when all I wanted was to be back in Chicago.

No comments: